Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: converting clockwork cine cameras

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Paul St George's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2003
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have some clockwork super 8 cine cameras. I am considering converting them to being motor driven. Do you know of anyone who has successfully achieved this? I am not aiming to maintain their historical integrity. I am intending to use them.

    I hope you can help me or refer me to someone who can. Thank you.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What Super-8 camera models are you specifically referring to? I doubt you will be able to achieve what you want simply because the cameras are smaller and there is less room to add new motors and such.

    The ultimate experts on motor attachments may be the makers of the Bolex cameras. Type Bolex Repair into the search engine of your choice and see if they have any ideas for you.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Paul St George's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2003
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Quarz 1x8 Super-2.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Russian Cameras.

    Maybe someone will post with some suggestions. Are you attempting to do the modification, or are you hoping to find someone to take your Super-8 cameras to?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Paul St George's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2003
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am hoping to find someone who will modify my Super-8 cameras for me. The modification only has to work. I do not need the cameras to remain portable and I do not need the modification to be contained within the camera.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Although I don't have an exact contact for you, I do believe those that add motors to the Bolex cameras are probably an excellent starting point.

    If you make progress please let this forum know. [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •